Reasonable Interpretation is a necessary concept for boards governing with Policy Governance, but it is also useful for anyone who is in a position to delegate by articulating policies. On August 10,2016, members of the Xylem Group explored how to use reasonable interpretation when governing or delegating with policy.
- Is the concept of Reasonable Interpretation just for users of Policy Governance?
- What is the scope allowed by reasonable interpretation?
- What if the board does not like the interpretation?
- How does a board learn how a policy is interpreted?
- How does a board respond to an inappropriate interpretation?
- How does this relate to nonprofit governance?
Since policy can arise at any level in an organization, this discussion is about how to delegate effectively by articulating policy.
https://blab.im/xylem-reasonable-interpretation <==click to view the video recording of the discussion on Blab.
You may hear, or download, an audio-only podcast of the Blab event here: