on Aug 3. 2016, we explored the the issue of governing by using referenda.
- Is a referendum democratic?
- Is a referendum an abdication of governance?
- When do referenda work well?
- When or why do referenda fail to serve?
- How does this relate to nonprofit governance?
Our focus is nonprofit governing boards, but we often copy the example of our leaders in government. Several referenda were used as examples including Quebec separation, Brexit, as well as municipal, provincial, and state plebiscites.
The online recording is available at http://j.mp/ref-dem
You may hear, or download, an audio-only podcast of the Blab event here: